Monday, September 29, 2014

Charity Quilting

My blog has been a bit quiet lately.   I would love to say that I have been overly busy at the sewing table for the past few weeks, but that has simply not been the case.  My favorite pastime has taken a temporary back seat to a few other things needing attention around the house.

This weekend I was determined to spend a good amount of time stitching away to my hearts content, which is music to my soul!  I recently purchased a large grab bag of fabrics from Fat Quarter Shop.  Many of the prints were not my usual taste, but the price was a steal of a deal that I could not pass up.  So, I decided that I would use many of the prints for charity quilts.

The timing of this purchase was especially perfect since I was also hoping to contribute to the 100 Quilts for Kids campaign!

100 Quilts for Kids

If you have not already heard about it, Quilts in the Que is hosting the annual quilt drive which encourages the donation of quilts to the charity of choice.  My selected charity is a local hospital's NICU, as part of a collection by my chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild.  I jumped at the chance to help out since I really enjoy charity quilting and have a new stash of prints from the grab bag which are perfect for this purpose. 

So......I whipped up two (and a half)!


 

I plan to finish the remaining "half" this week!

Happy Monday!

--Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment