Friday, September 20, 2013

Spreading Hope Through Quilts

I was inspired by the 100 Quilts for Kids challenge from Katie Blakesley at Swim Bike Quilt (www.swimbikequilt.com) to find a new charity which accepts quilt donations.

 

I stumbled upon Margaret's Hope Chest, in Grand Rapids, Michigan (margaretshopechest.com) and researched their goals and mission.  Margaret's Hope Chest provides quilts to those in the local community who are in need of hope and comfort.  Being from Michigan originally, I was thrilled to find an organization that is spreading hope through a love of quilting in my home state.  I am making my donation of two baby quilts this week.

 

In addition, I have signed up to donate another quilt early next year to their 'A Mother's Hope' initiative, which supports a program for women experiencing postpartum depression. 




Bring on the sewing for such a deserving cause!

 -Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment