Sunday, February 15, 2015

It has been a while!

Wow, the last few months have been a blur.  Between the holidays and a busy day job, I have had my hands full!  I have not spent nearly as much time in the sewing room lately as I would have liked, however I do have a few projects in the hopper.

In fact, I am a lucky participant in a sewing class dedicated to curves, hosted by the fantastic Rachel at Stitched in Color.  I have learned a lot so far, although I admit to being a little behind in my homework!  :) 

The first couple projects were basic skill builders:






Then it was on to a clamshell pillow!  I just love how this turned out with the solids!  The cutting was much easier than I expected, using a couple of Rachel's tricks!




This weekend, I hopped on the Rainbow Road bandwagon.  I am just in love with this block and can see an entire quilt using this technique in my future!  For this project, I made the block and added some Bella solids in a shade of gray to make a good sized baby quilt top.  I love, love, love how it turned out (please excuse the poor pressing job, I folded it up and then decided to take pictures...)!





Now, off to get some things done around the house.  If I can be extremely productive, I will be able to carve out a little extra sewing time! 

--Jenn





No comments:

Post a Comment